Who manages the program?
HonorBanner is a patriotic community enhancement program operated by Operation Honor, a 501(c)3 Public Charity based in Owen County, KY.
Where is the sponsorship money spent?
With each sponsorship request, we purchase a 24″ x 36″ custom full color, two-sided banner along with a pair of brand new commercial grade pole brackets. Your HonorBanner sponsorship donation is a tax deductible charitable donation to Operation Honor, a 501(c)3 Public Charity. You will receive a charitable donation confirmation letter via email for each HonorBanner sponsorship.
Are there funds left over after expenses?
Your sponsorship dollars are used to purchase the banners and brackets and also covers any costs incurred to hang and remove banners annually, replacement of broken or damaged brackets and straps, and climate controlled storage of the HonorBanners during the winter months. If there are any sponsorship funds left over after the 3 year commitment, Operation Honor will use them to continue funding its veteran programs and enhancing the lives of disabled veterans, one mind at a time.
What is the process for you to create an HonorBanner?
There are multiple steps to creating each custom HonorBanner. Every banner is a unique and and individualized tribute to your hero. These steps include:
- Collecting all the necessary information and photo from sponsor.
- Restoring and enhancing the pictures for print, removing as many cracks, tears, stains, etc as possible.
- Custom format each banner for public display.
- Create art ready file with individuals name, hero information and custom messages.
- Email proof to sponsors.
- Correct any issues with banner proof before sending to print.
- Ship banners and brackets to Operation Honor.
- Ship banners and brackets to Community Program Coordinators.
- Hang for display and remove for each season for the 3 year session.
- Storage of banners during the winter months.